Tirza Parish Library
"Biedrības nams", Tirza, Tirzas Parish, Gulbene District, LV - 4424, tel. 26669317
The library is open to visitors:
Monday - 8:00 - 15:00
Tuesday - 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Wednesday - 8:00 - 16:00
Thursday - 8.00 - 16.00
Friday - 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
The library is closed to visitors on the 1st and 3rd Friday of each month.
Key performance indicators (2021):
Library collection - 5018
Issue - 7891
Number of users - 291
Number of visits - 3480
From the history of the library:
1839 In Tirza, the pastor PEŠacs founded a reading library with a scientific focus at his own expense. After the pastor's departure (1854), it disappeared. 1885 On September 19, J. Misins received permission from the Governor of Vidzeme to establish a public library in his father's house "Krāces". 1910 the library of the Tirza Education Society was established. After World War II, the library resumed its work in 1946. For many years - 1955-2007. - The library was run by Maria Ding. Agrita Petrovska has been the head of the library since 2007.
In 2014, the project “Renovation of Tirza Parish Library Premises and Purchase of Bookshelves” was implemented. The library premises were renovated and expanded by 12 m 2 , new shelves and a television were purchased.
The library offers:
- A collection of books and periodicals for children and adults
- Thematic folders of local history created by the library on the history, culture, people, business, agriculture and other topics related to the life of the parish
- Database "Letonika" and "Lursoft Newspaper Library"
- Computer services
- Printing, scanning, laminating and copying services
- SBA (Interlibrary Loan)
- Within the framework of the "Light Network", full-text and information resources are available in the library - LNL database www.periodika.lv , film portal http://www.filmas.lv
- Electronic resources - DVD cartoons, x-box game console
- Various thematic, educational and cultural events, exhibitions according to plan
- Inquiries and consultations
The list of information sources can be found here .